• Kosher salt
• About 2 tablespoons chipotle paste, (recipe below)
• 2 doz freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
• 1 tbl Olive oil
• 1 can (7-oz) chipotle chiles en adobo
• 2 tbl Corn oil
• 3 lrg Garlic cloves
• 2 tsp Ground coriander
• 1 tsp Thyme
• 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
• 6 To 8 first course servings
• 1. Preheat broiler. Spread a thick layer of kosher salt on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon or brush about 1.4 teaspoon chipotle paste on each oyster and arrange oysters on the bed of salt. Drizzle the oysters with olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
• 2. Broil the oysters for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the edges just start to curl. Serve immediately.
Chipotle Paste (makes about 1 cup):
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process until blended but still slightly chunky, about 1 minute. (The paste can be refrigerated, tightly covered, for up to 3 weeks.)