Well, last night was a HUGE success, and by huge I mean non detrimental to the big motorcycle project. My hubby was able to get the engine to turn over (not start completely as we haven’t put gas in it yet), and the electrical is wired up, yay yay for blinkers, ignition and speedometer/gauge all working in harmony. We’ll still have some serious steps tonight to make, BUT it is looking like if we push hard enough, tonight that beast (excuse me, mutant) could be up and running, which means we can RIDE to the twin cities for Valley Fair tomorrow night!
So let’s see, we leave tomorrow after work, come rain or shine, or a non functioning motorcycle. My job tonight? Finish my painting as the bike is coming together. Only two pieces to paint, touch up on the air box cover and a few more top coats on one small tin piece. The process is actually kind of cool. We wanted to preserve the aluminum base, which is rare for the V-Rod, so we used this stuff called Plastidip, coated it down like 3-4 layers, and then painted over the plastidip. It can peal right off with enough convincing, and when it starts it peels off in sheets, like an epic sunburn…kind of…so here’s the “baby” at this point:
And here is what a v-rod starts looking like:
All I can say, is that looks like one mean mother 🙂 The silver tin on the front of the 2nd picture is missing in the red/black bike because the piece was still drying when I took the picture. Hopefully tonight will be some badass pictures and videos…hopefully!